Tuesday 11 June 2013

Swiss Route 63: Schwyzer Hohenweg

At last a day of good weather, so went on a local hiking route. As I will shortly be leaving for an intensive week of continuous hiking, I wanted to test out some recently bought shoes, plus my own ability to do 30km+ in a day (and still be able to continue the following day for the next 20km!). Beautiful weather, but the hike involved quite a number of different altitude variations, so my knees were wrecked by the end of the day. Plus I had a landslide/mud experience, which left me wearing extra-heavy, mud-caked shoes (yes, my new shoes!)and muddy trousers. Could things get worse? Only that the sunny weather changed to rain, so I was left trudging back to the train station wet and obviously covered in mud - oh, the joys of hiking! But just look at the photos.
Schwyzer Hohenweg June 2013
... and for the PC Slideshow version

No comments:

Post a Comment